Sunday, July 09, 2006

 

Misery Canyon... Again.

Ok for day 1 of our mini Zion fest we went down Misery Canyon. Imlay was the original plan, but due to the fire and bad weather the canyon was still closed. I just went down this canyon a couple months ago, but it was good enough to repeat, and the flowing water of Parunaweap sounded too inviting to pass up. Josh did some death defying jumps to avoid either using the rope or dropping into mad disgusting pools. I've got some of the build up to the jumps throuout the video and then the grand finale at the end. Enjoy. All photos were taken by Josh Rymer.

P.S. I'm not able to post photos on here the way I normally do so I've been having issues putting them in the proper order. I apologize that some of them are in random order, but at least they are here for you to look at.

Misery Canyon, Zion National Park from Eric Godfrey on Vimeo.
































Comments:
Ow! I hate that large, heavy gray rope that is hung on that anchor. Plenty of potential for getting skinned up.

Great photos! Nice job of sliding down that one section. I think we somehow actually bypassed that last year. Darn.

 
Josh Rymer is a looker. He single?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?